    SubjectRe: [PACTH v1] mm, proc: Implement /proc/<pid>/totmaps
    On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Alexey Dobriyan <adobriyan@gmail.com> wrote:

    > On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 12:05:43PM -0400, robert.foss@collabora.com wrote:
    > > From: Sonny Rao <sonnyrao@chromium.org>
    > >
    > > This is based on earlier work by Thiago Goncales. It implements a new
    > > per process proc file which summarizes the contents of the smaps file
    > > but doesn't display any addresses. It gives more detailed information
    > > than statm like the PSS (proprotional set size). It differs from the
    > > original implementation in that it doesn't use the full blown set of
    > > seq operations, uses a different termination condition, and doesn't
    > > displayed "Locked" as that was broken on the original implemenation.
    > >
    > > This new proc file provides information faster than parsing the potentially
    > > huge smaps file.
    >
    > You can "parse" /proc/*/pagemap . RSS, swap are there.

    /proc/*pagemap is generally restricted and I don't believe it would
    quickly give PSS.

    > So which ones do you really need?

    PSS and Swap are the most important. RSS isn't precise enough because
    it counts shared pages fully, and there tends to be a lot of sharing.

    > Why the separate anon hugepages and anon regular pages?

    I'm not sure if it's necessary, but that's how it's broken out in smaps.

    > > + seq_printf(m,
    > > + "Rss: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Pss: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Shared_Clean: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Shared_Dirty: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Private_Clean: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Private_Dirty: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Referenced: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Anonymous: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "AnonHugePages: %8lu kB\n"
    > > + "Swap: %8lu kB\n",
    > > + mss_sum->resident >> 10,
    > > + (unsigned long)(mss_sum->pss >> (10 + PSS_SHIFT)),
    > > + mss_sum->shared_clean >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->shared_dirty >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->private_clean >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->private_dirty >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->referenced >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->anonymous >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->anonymous_thp >> 10,
    > > + mss_sum->swap >> 10);

      Last update: 2016-08-09 21:01    [W:2.265 / U:0.272 seconds]