Subject[GIT PULL] Block fixes for 4.8-rc1
Date
Hi Linus,

Here's the 2nd round of block updates for this merge window. It's a mix
of fixes for changes that went in previously in this round, and fixes in
general. This pull request contains:

- Fixes for loop from Christoph

- A bdi vs gendisk lifetime fix from Dan, worth two cookies.

- A blk-mq timeout fix, when on frozen queues. From Gabriel.

- Writeback fix from Jan, ensuring that __writeback_single_inode() does
the right thing.

- Fix for bio->bi_rw usage in f2fs from me.

- Error path deadlock fix in blk-mq sysfs registration from me.

- Floppy O_ACCMODE fix from Jiri.

- Fix to the new bio op methods from Mike. One more followup will be
coming here, ensuring that we don't propagate the block types outside
of block. That, and a rename of bio->bi_rw is coming right after -rc1
is cut.

- Various little fixes

Please pull!

git://git.kernel.dk/linux-block.git for-linus

Christoph Hellwig (2):
loop: don't try to use AIO for discards
loop: make do_req_filebacked more robust

Dan Williams (1):
block: fix bdi vs gendisk lifetime mismatch

Gabriel Krisman Bertazi (1):
blk-mq: Allow timeouts to run while queue is freezing

Hou Tao (1):
blkcg: kill unused field nr_undestroyed_grps

Jan Kara (1):
writeback: Write dirty times for WB_SYNC_ALL writeback

Jens Axboe (2):
f2fs: drop bio->bi_rw manual assignment
blk-mq: fix deadlock in blk_mq_register_disk() error path

Jiri Kosina (1):
floppy: fix open(O_ACCMODE) for ioctl-only open

John Pittman (1):
Include: blkdev: Removed duplicate 'struct request;' declaration.

Mike Christie (1):
mm/block: convert rw_page users to bio op use

Paolo Valente (1):
block: add missing group association in bio-cloning functions

Shaun Tancheff (1):
Fixup direct bi_rw modifiers

Vegard Nossum (2):
block: fix use-after-free in seq file
nbd: fix race in ioctl

block/bio.c | 15 +++++++++
block/blk-mq-sysfs.c | 12 ++++---
block/blk-mq.c | 15 ++++++++-
block/blk-throttle.c | 5 ---
block/genhd.c | 3 +-
drivers/block/brd.c | 17 +++++-----
drivers/block/floppy.c | 21 ++++++-------
drivers/block/loop.c | 67
++++++++++++++++++----------------------
drivers/block/nbd.c | 12 +++----
drivers/block/zram/zram_drv.c | 28 +++++++++--------
drivers/nvdimm/btt.c | 18 +++++------
drivers/nvdimm/pmem.c | 12 +++----
fs/block_dev.c | 7 +++--
fs/btrfs/extent_io.c | 8 +----
fs/f2fs/data.c | 1 -
fs/fs-writeback.c | 1 +
fs/mpage.c | 2 +-
include/linux/backing-dev-defs.h | 1 +
include/linux/backing-dev.h | 1 +
include/linux/bio.h | 3 ++
include/linux/blk_types.h | 22 ++++++-------
include/linux/blkdev.h | 3 +-
include/linux/fs.h | 3 +-
include/linux/pagemap.h | 2 +-
mm/backing-dev.c | 19 ++++++++++++
mm/filemap.c | 6 ++--

Jens Axboe

  Last update: 2016-08-06 00:01    [W:0.298 / U:0.048 seconds]