SubjectRe: [Regression?] Commit cb4f71c429 deliberately changes order of network interfaces
Hi Thomas

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 20:15:31 +0200
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@free-electrons.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 19:10:04 +0200, Ralph Sennhauser wrote:
>
> > Going forward, as we disagree and it's basically a political
> > decision, whom do we ask to rule here? Linus?
>
> I don't think Linus will care about random issues on a random
> platform :-)

Probably not about the ordering of the interfaces per se. Let me ask
instead do you think he would sign off on that commit?

What I do not yet understand is why you not simply carry this patch for
your particular board and firmware. As I see it, there is a good chance
every one else will just carry the revert of it themselves otherwise.

> The people who can take this decision are rather the maintainers of
> the platform itself, or possibly the arm-soc maintainers if you still
> don't like what the platform maintainers decided.
>
> Thomas

We both have a conflict of interest here, so your offer in an other
message to let the platform maintainers decide is appreciated.

Regards
Ralph

  Last update: 2016-09-17 09:57    [W:0.100 / U:0.208 seconds]