SubjectRe: [RFC 3/4] Documentation: move dma-buf documentation to rst

Am 11.08.2016 um 13:58 schrieb Markus Heiser <markus.heiser@darmarit.de>:
>> +.. note:: Until this stage, the buffer-exporter has the option to choose not to
>> + actually allocate the backing storage for this buffer, but wait for the
>> + first buffer-user to request use of buffer for allocation.
>
> Use newlines ... which are markups in reST ;)
>
> .. note::
>
> Until this stage, the buffer-exporter has the option to choose not to
> actually allocate the backing storage for this buffer, but wait for the
> first buffer-user to request use of buffer for allocation.

Sorry, my f... apple mail drops leading whitespaces ...

|.. note::
|
| Until this stage, the buffer-exporter has the option to choose not to
| actually allocate the backing storage for this buffer, but wait for the

>> +Kernel cpu access to a dma-buf buffer object
>> +============================================
>> +
>> +The motivation to allow cpu access from the kernel to a dma-buf object from the
>> +importers side are:
>> +
>> +* fallback operations, e.g. if the devices is connected to a usb bus and the
>> + kernel needs to shuffle the data around first before sending it away.
>> +* full transparency for existing users on the importer side, i.e. userspace
>> + should not notice the difference between a normal object from that subsystem
>> + and an imported one backed by a dma-buf. This is really important for drm
>> + opengl drivers that expect to still use all the existing upload/download
>> + paths.
>
> I is recommended to separate blocks (in this case the list item blocks) with
> a newline. E.g.
>
> * first lorem
> ipsum
>
> * second lorem
> ipsum
>
> If you have only one-liners, it is OK to write
>
> * first
> * second

same here, leading whitespace are droped by the mail client.

|* first lorem
| ipsum
|
|* second lorem
| ipsum

Sorry for disorientation. For a snatch I forgot, that
that Apple & MS have a mistaken idea of "plain text" ;)

-- Markus --

  Last update: 2016-08-11 14:41    [W:0.089 / U:0.124 seconds]