SubjectRe: Re: cgroup: Fix split bio been throttled more than once
On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 9:48 PM, aaronlee0817 <aaronlee0817@163.com> wrote:
>>At 2016-07-06 22:09:19, "Tejun Heo" <tj@kernel.org> wrote:

>>> Except for blk_queue_split(), there are other(stacked) drivers which call
>>> generic_make_request() too, such as drbd, dm, md and bcache.
>>
>>So, blk-throtl already uses REQ_THROTTLED to avoid throttling the same
>>bio multiple times. The problem seems that the flag isn't maintained
>>through clone.
>
> Yea, REQ_THROTTLED is used to avoid throttling the same bio multiple times,
> but cannot avoid counting the same bio multiple times, this makes the counts
> of
> dispatched bytes no real.
> Before bringing in splitting, it works well.But now, this cannot cover all
> scenarios.
> For example:
>
> generic_make_request()
> blk_throtl_bio
> bool throttled = false
> throtl_charge_bio() count the bytes, set REQ_THROTTLED
> goto out
> if(!throttled)
> clean REQ_THROTTLED
> return
>
> Before return, REQ_THROTTLED will be cleaned.

I am wondering why REQ_THROTTLED is cleared for the original bio
even it has been charged and will be issued to driver, and is it allowed
to throttle and charge the same bio for many times?

If the original bio is accounted, looks the splitted bio and the remainder(same
bio with original bio but size is decreased, and is resubmitted) shouldn't
have been accounted again because size of the splitted and the remainder
just equals with size of orignal bio.

Thanks,

--
Ming Lei

  Last update: 2016-07-08 13:21    [W:0.064 / U:1.096 seconds]