SubjectRe: [Regression] "irqdomain: Don't set type when mapping an IRQ" breaks nexus7 gpio buttons
On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 21:52:01 -0700
Bjorn Andersson <bjorn.andersson@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Fri 29 Jul 21:39 PDT 2016, John Stultz wrote:
>
> > Hey Jon,
> > So after rebasing my nexus7 patch stack onto pre-4.8-rc1 tree, I
> > noticed the power/volume buttons stopped working.
> >

> +Linus, as that's gpio-keys on top of two fairly standard gpio/pinctrl
> drivers (8064 TLMM and SSBI).
>
> Regards,
> Bjorn
>
> > I did a manual rebased bisection and chased it down to your commit
> > 1e2a7d78499e ("irqdomain: Don't set type when mapping an IRQ").
> >
> > Reverting that patch makes things work again, so I wanted to see if
> > there was any debugging info I could provide to try to help narrow
> > down the problem here. (Sorry, I'd tinker myself with it some and try
> > to debug the issue, but after burning my friday night on this, I'm
> > eager to get away from the keyboard for the weekend).

It feels either like a case of trigger information not being provided
through DT *and* not passed as arguments to request_irq (and friends),
or like a conflicting trigger.

Thanks,

M.

  Last update: 2016-07-30 14:01    [W:0.591 / U:0.156 seconds]