    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] perf changes for v4.8
    Hi Linus,

    On Mon, 25 Jul 2016 14:45:53 -0700 Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

    > On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 2:21 PM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
    > >
    > > Actually, the perf tree on its own was enough to trigger the build
    > > problem, the luto-next tree was just what initially triggered the build
    > > failure in linux-next (I guess there is some missing dependency).
    > > After the build failed, I started including the perf tree directly
    > > before the tip tree and the build would fail when I merged that ...
    >
    > Ugh. It's merged in my tree now, because I thought it was ok. Can
    > somebody point me to the fix?

    I only affects cross building of the objtool and vdso2c tools (which is
    how I work). The latest version of the perf/core branch in the tip
    tree now has all the fixes, so I assume that Ingo will send another
    pull request.

    Unfortunately, that means that your tree is broken for me this
    morning ... but I will cope, I guess.

    --
    Cheers,
    Stephen Rothwell

      Last update: 2016-07-26 00:41    [W:3.048 / U:0.344 seconds]