SubjectRe: PCIe MSI address is not written at pci_enable_msi_range call
On 13/07/16 16:34, Bharat Kumar Gogada wrote:

>> available/programmed.

>> address/data.

>> mainline or not?
>>>>

>>> It has single doorbell.
>>> The MSI decoding is part of our PCIe bridge, and it has SPI to GIC.
>>> Our root driver is in mainline drivers/pci/host/pcie-xilinx-nwl.c
>>
>> OK, so you're not affected by this affinity setting issue. Please let me know if
>> the patch I sent yesterday improve things for you once you have a chance to
>> test it.
>>
> Hi Marc,
>
> I tested with the patch you provided, now it is working for us.

Thanks, I'll repost this as a proper patch with your Tested-by.

> Can you please point to any doc related to affinity in MSI, until now we
> came across affinity for MSI-X. I will explore more on it.

I don't have anything at hand, but simply look at how MSI (and MSI-X) is
implemented on x86, for example: each CPU has its own doorbell, and
changing the affinity of a MSI is done by changing the target address of
that interrupt. And it doesn't seem that the kernel switches the Enable
bit off and on for those.

Thanks,

M.

  Last update: 2016-07-13 18:21    [W:0.104 / U:0.600 seconds]