    SubjectRe: [BUG] Panic when systemd boot do mkdir on tmpfs mounted path with smack enabled environment
    From
    On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
    > On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 04:11:41PM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
    >> There is a fairly straightforward way to handle that - do to ->setxattr()
    >> what we'd already done to ->getxattr(). See vfs.git#smack-fix. Warning:
    >> it's only build-tested. I'm going to have it go through LTP and xfstests
    >> shortly; _please_ check if it works on your setup, because I've no idea
    >> how to put together a testing setup for smack.
    >
    > FWIW, that couple of commits seems to survive the testing here and is
    > pretty obvious. I have _NOT_ tested it on smack setups, so I really want
    > somebody (Casey or someone in Samsung) to check if it fixes the problem.
    > The change itself isn't tricky, but I fucking _hate_ doing that this late
    > in the merge window ;-/

    Al, if you want Casey to help test, I think you should write out the
    full git repository address, rather than just say "See
    vfs.git#smack-fix".

    Anybody who isn't used to pulling for you will just wonder where you
    keep your tree. And even I, who _am_ used to pulling from you, would
    have to look it up, so it's a lot more convenient if you actually
    write out the whole thing,

    Casey, Al is talking about

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs smack-fix

    and Al, please make your commit messages more informative than just
    "switch ->setxattr() to passing dentry and inode separately". You can
    see that from the patch. Please add a _why_ something is done, not
    just what it does.

    Linus

      Last update: 2016-05-27 21:21    [W:3.391 / U:0.124 seconds]