SubjectRe: [RFC 1/8] dma-buf/fence: add fence_collection fences
Hi Christian,

2016-05-18 Christian König <christian.koenig@amd.com>:

> Am 15.04.2016 um 21:25 schrieb Daniel Vetter:

> > > Maybe we can go for something in between. Have fence_collection_init()
> > > need at least two fences to create the fence_collection. Then
> > > fence_collection_add() would add more dinamically.
> > The problem with adding fences later on is that it makes it trivial to add
> > deadlocks and loops. Just add the fence collection to itself, boom. From
> > that pov it's an unsafe api, and hence something to avoid.
> > -Daniel
>
> Any conclusion on this? Did any version of the patch made it upstream?
>
> I'm in the need of an array based fence collection right now as well. Any
> objection that I just take the patch proposed here and fix the comments or
> are you still else working on this right now?

I have a new version of this patch that I didn't send upstream yet
because it is part of a bigger patchset. But I can split it and send
what I have for fence_collection later today.

Gustavo

  Last update: 2016-05-18 16:41    [W:0.759 / U:0.000 seconds]