SubjectRe: [RFC v2 5/8] drm/fence: add in-fences support
From
On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Ville Syrjälä
<ville.syrjala@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> > - implicit fences also needs one fence per plane/fb, so it will be good to
>> > match with that.
>>
>> We would actually need a fence per object rather than per fb.
>
> I guess you could overcome this by automagically creating a merged fence
> for a multi-obj fb?

Yeah, and the android hwc does this for you already. You get passed a
surface (or whatever it's called exactly) plus a fence, and the
surface contains the gralloc/native buffer thing, which would contain
multiple dma-buf handles if your hw does planar stuff that way.

I think everyone else who wants explicit fencing will go with the same
or similar model, so it's just about implicit fencing. And there we
can easily construct the fence_collection from a drm_framebuffer
ourselves with a small helper in each driver (or shared one in cma,
although cma doesn't yet grok reserverations/implicitly attached
fences).
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2016-04-28 23:01    [W:1.551 / U:0.020 seconds]