SubjectRe: user namespace and fully visible proc and sys mounts
On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 07:49:14PM -0800, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Serge E. Hallyn <serge@hallyn.com> wrote:

> >> Can we use the big hammer approach on /proc/sys? Specifically, what
> >> if we made it so that /proc mounts created in a non-root namespace
> >> *only* see things that are scoped to the active namespaces, and only
> >> those over which the mounter has capabilities? We could have mount
> >> options for this.
> >
> > Of course the problem is precisely non-user-namespaced containers which
> > do own and have capabilities over the /proc/sys/files. For user-namespaced
> > containers /proc/sys/ isn't really an issue.
>
> What I mean is:
>
> mount -o nsonly=user,net -t proc none /proc
>
> would show the list of processors and things scoped to the current
> userns and netns, would *not* show global sysctls, and would fail
> unless the caller has appropriate caps over the userns and netns.
> This would work even if the old procfs is not fully visbile.

Gah, so apparently I'd forgotten the workaround I'd implemented - I
thought things had regressed, but they haven't, I'd just missed a step.

Sorry for the noise. I don't want to make things more complicated or
more brittle when we can make it work as is - thanks.

-serge

  Last update: 2016-03-07 06:41    [W:0.477 / U:0.232 seconds]