SubjectRe: vhost threading model
Date
"Michael Rapoport" <RAPOPORT@il.ibm.com> writes:

> Well, Elvis is a _theoretical_ example that showed that I/O scheduling in
> the vhost improves performance.
> I'm not saying we should take Evlis and try to squeeze it into the vhost,
> I just want to say that we cannot switch vhost to use workqueues if it
> causes performance degradation.
>
> My opinion is that we need to give it some more thought, much more
> performance evaluation, so that we can find the best model.

Exactly, I think we are outright discarding using workqueues even
without investigating it in detail even though it would be a cleaner
implementation using a common framework and thereby more chances of
an acceptable solution for upstream.

Anyway, if we don't want to go the workqueues way for vhost, cgroups
support for workqueues is still something worth having on its own.