SubjectRe: [GIT PULL v4.6] MDB Linux Kernel Debugger x86/x86_64
From
On 3/16/16, Jeffrey Merkey <jeffmerkey@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/15/16, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 01:03:39PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
>>> We don't generally PGP (GPG) sign commits in the kernel tree (so "-S"
>>> is not required), just tags. However we always require that anyone who
>>> handles a patch adds a Signed-off-by line to the final commit. See
>>> Documentation/SubmittingPatches Section 11.
>>
>> In general all commits should have a Signed-Off-By line added. Once
>> the git branch gets merged, it's hard to tell what is the final commit
>> and what isn't, and in general different commits will have different
>> people needing to vouch for the origins for the contents of that commit.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> - Ted
>>

> Hi Ted,
>
> I will repost this pull request with a signed-off by line for Linus to
> consider. I am not certain who all should be included in the review
> and I have to be careful how many email recipients I copy. I will
> post to the folks Joe Perches copied.
>
> Jeff

Well, Joe updated checkpatch.pl so now there are some more areas of
cleanup I need to do on the code to remove unsigned casts and replace
them with unsigned int. I will resubmit at the next merge window for
4.7. Have not heard a word from Linus about this, Hey Linus, please
don't lion-us by throwing us to the lions. :-)

Jeff

  Last update: 2016-03-18 07:21    [W:0.078 / U:0.204 seconds]