SubjectRe: e827091cb1 "block: merge: get the 1st and last bvec via helpers" broken
On 03/12/2016 12:51 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Ming Lei <tom.leiming@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am fine with either way, and I will prepare one patch and let Jens
>> decide.
>
> So guys, this needs to be done *now*.
>
> And Jens - this is the last time I believe you when you say late
> patches are required.
>
> The buggy patch that introduced this problem was part of that very
> late pull request that I already rejected once, and you then claimed
> was absolutely required.
>
> So the dicking around with the block layer stops *now*.
>
> Seriously. I'm pissed off.

Believe me, I'm as impressed as you are...

I've queued it up and will run it through testing and send it off later.
I still think it's better to apply the fix, rather than revert the
original change.

> I don't want to see anything even half-way questionable during the
> whole next release window. Not even during the merge window. You need
> to do some serious quality control, and re-think the whole "large
> changes" model.

The timing was the issue here, and yeah, it didn't work out well this
time at all. It's a momentary lapse, we'll get it sorted for sure.

--
Jens Axboe

  Last update: 2016-03-12 22:41    [W:0.111 / U:0.252 seconds]