SubjectRe: Variant symlink filesystem
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 12:03:11AM +0200, Cole wrote:

> This was one of the first solutions we looked at, and using various
> namespaces. However we would like to be able to have multiple terminal
> sessions open, and be able to have each session using a different
> mount point, or be able to use the other terminals mount point, i.e.
> switching the mount point to that of the other terminals. We would
> also like the shell to be able to make use of these, and use shell
> commands such as 'ls'.
>
> When we originally looked at namespaces and containers, we could not
> find a solution to achieve the above. Is this possible using
> namespaces?

I'd try to look at setns(2) if you want processes joinging existing namespaces.
I'm afraid that I'll need to get some sleep before I'll be up to asking
the right questions for figuring out what requirements do you have and
what's the best way to do it - after a while coffee stops being efficient
and I'm already several hours past that ;-/

  Last update: 2016-03-12 00:01    [W:0.055 / U:0.052 seconds]