SubjectRe: [RFC 8/8] Do not reclaim the whole CPU bandwidth
Hi Juri,

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:30:19 +0000
Juri Lelli <juri.lelli@arm.com> wrote:
[...]
> > > No, I think that's fine.
> > So, I implemented this idea (/proc/sys/kernel/sched_other_period_us
> > and /proc/sys/kernel/sched_other_runtime_us to set the unreclaimable
> > utilization), and some initial testing seems to show that it works
> > fine.
> >

> Sorry for not saying this before, but why can't we use the existing
> sched_rt_runtime_us/sched_rt_runtime_period cap for this? I mean,
> other will have (1 - rt_runtime_ratio) available to run.

I was thinking about providing a more flexible interface (allowing to
use rt_runtime/rt_period for admission control and
other_runtime/other_period for reclaiming), but using using
sched_rt_runtime_us/sched_rt_runtime_period makes sense too. If this
solution is preferred, I'll adapt my patch.

Thanks,
Luca

  Last update: 2016-02-03 15:21    [W:0.062 / U:0.092 seconds]