SubjectRe: [tip:efi/core] x86/mm/pat: Use _PAGE_GLOBAL bit for EFI page table mappings
On February 23, 2016 10:08:06 AM PST, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@amacapital.net>
>wrote:
>> On Feb 23, 2016 1:09 AM, <&quot;tip-bot for Sai Praneeth
>> &lt;tipbot@zytor.com&gt;&quot;@zytor.com> wrote:
>>
>> Something's wrong with tip-bot. This should say:
>
>Yeah, there's about 50 tipbot emails that are just pure garbage. They
>don't even show in my mailers, because they are so corrupt.
>
>The raw email has some insane encoding too, for reasons I can't begin
>to fathom.
>
>This is an example of what tipbot *used* to send out in the headers:
>
> From: tip-bot for Dave Hansen <tipbot@zytor.com>
> Subject: [tip:mm/pkeys] mm/core, x86/mm/pkeys:
> Add execute-only protection keys support
>
>and this is what it sent out in the last crazy setup:
>
>From:
>=?UTF-8?B?dGlwLWJvdCBmb3IgU2FpIFByYW5lZXRoIDx0aXBib3RAenl0b3IuY29tPg==?=@zytor.com
> Subject:
>=?UTF-8?B?W3RpcDplZmkvY29yZV0geDg2L21tL3BhdDogVXNlIF9QQUdFX0dMT0JBTCBiaXQ=?=
> =?UTF-8?B?IGZvciBFRkkgcGFnZSB0YWJsZSBtYXBwaW5ncw==?=
>
>despite neither subject nor author having any odd characters in them.
>
>(That's just two header lines - all the other ones are corrupt in
>similar ways too)
>
>The thing that seems to really make things unreadable is that the
>content encoding lines have this corrupted quoting too:

>rather than what it *should* be:

>so the whole header situation is a complete mess.
>
>The fact that you can see the patch at all and comment on the
>*contents* of the email is impressive. My mail reader just says "this
>is garbage" and shows me nothing at all.
>
> Linus

Someone decided to change the behavior of the Perl module I used for encoding to unconditionally encode almost everything, claiming some kind of strict RFC compliance. An upgrade caused this to happen. I have switched modules to one which should do what one actually wants.
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse brevity and formatting.

  Last update: 2016-02-24 03:21    [W:0.132 / U:0.036 seconds]