SubjectRe: [PART1 RFC 5/9] svm: Add VMEXIT handlers for AVIC
Hi,

On 2/18/16 21:18, Radim Krčmář wrote:
> 2016-02-18 09:25+0700, Suravee Suthikulpanit:
>> On 2/17/16 01:06, Radim Krčmář wrote:
>>> 2016-02-16 17:56+0100, Paolo Bonzini:

>>> The code definitely is wrong. I'll be more specific when disagreeing,
>>> sorry.
>>>

>> Would you please be a bit more specific on what you think I am not doing
>> correctly to handle the #VMEXIT in the case of target not running below.
>>
>> + case AVIC_INCMP_IPI_ERR_TARGET_NOT_RUN:
>> + kvm_lapic_reg_write(apic, APIC_ICR2, icrh);
>> + kvm_lapic_reg_write(apic, APIC_ICR, icrl);
>>
>> This is actually not just writing to the register. Please note that writing
>> to APIC_ICR register would also be calling apic_send_ipi(), which results in
>> injecting interrupts to the target core:
>
> Exactly. Injecting the interrupt in AVIC_INCMP_IPI_ERR_TARGET_NOT_RUN
> handler is causing the double-injection bug that Paolo described.
>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> Probably that AVIC already wrote to all IRRs (and sent appropriate
> doorbells) before this VMEXIT, so KVM shouldn't repeat it.

Ah, Ok I got it now. Thanks for the detail description. I am still
waiting to hear back from the hardware designer to confirm the HW
behavior. Meanwhile, I have tried NOT setting the IRR, and only
kick_vcpu(). And things seem to work fine. Therefore, I think your
analysis is likely to be correct.

Thanks again,
Suravee

  Last update: 2016-02-19 13:21    [W:3.663 / U:0.120 seconds]