SubjectRe: [RFC] usb: host: xhci: Remove the watchdog timer and use command timer to watch stop endpoint command
Hi,

On 12/01/2016 04:03 PM, Baolin Wang wrote:
> On 1 December 2016 at 15:44, Lu Baolu <baolu.lu@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Ah, thanks for you comments.
>>> If thread B halted the host, then the thread C xhci_urb_dequeue() will
>>> check host state failed, then just return and can not set another stop
>>> endpoint command.
>> Not so simple. Thread B will release xhci->lock before xhci_halt().
> Yes.
>
>>> But from your example, I think your meaning is we
>>> should not halt the host by thread B, since we have handled the stop
>>> endpoint command event.
>>>
>>> So I think we need to check the xhci command of this stop endpoint
>>> command in xhci_stop_endpoint_command_timeout(), if the xhci command
>>> of this stop endpoint command is not in the command list (which means
>>> the stop endpoint command event has been handled), then just return
>>> and do not halt the controller. Right?
>>>
>> I'd like suggest you to put this change into a separated patch.
>> It's actually a different topic from the main purpose of this patch.
> OK, I will. Thanks for your comments.

If you are going to work out a v2 patch, please consider whether
we can totally leverage the common command mechanism to
handle this stop endpoint command.

Currently, when a stop endpoint command is issued for urb unlink,
there are two timers for this command. This is duplicated and we
should remove the stop-endpoint-only timer. The timeout functions
are also different. The stop-endpoint-only timer just halt the host
controller (this should be the last sort of way), while the common
command timer will try to recover the situation by aborting and
restart the command ring.

Best regards,
Lu Baolu

  Last update: 2016-12-02 02:24    [W:0.050 / U:0.360 seconds]