    SubjectRe: [Ksummit-discuss] Including images on Sphinx documents
    On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 09:46:48AM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
    > That's said, PNG also doesn't seem to work fine on Sphinx 1.4.x.
    >
    > On my tests, I installed *all* texlive extensions on Fedora 24, to
    > be sure that the issue is not the lack of some extension[1], with:
    >
    > # dnf install $(sudo dnf search texlive |grep all|cut -d. -f 1|grep texlive-)
    >
    > When running LaTeX in interactive mode, building just the media
    > PDF file with:
    >
    > $ cls;make cleandocs; make SPHINXOPTS="-j5" DOCBOOKS="" SPHINXDIRS=media latexdocs
    > $ PDFLATEX=xelatex LATEXOPTS="-interaction=interactive" -C Documentation/output/media/latex
    >
    > I get this:
    >
    > LaTeX Warning: Hyper reference `uapi/v4l/subdev-formats:bayer-patterns' on page
    > 153 undefined on input line 21373.
    >
    > <use "bayer.png" > [153]
    > ! Extra alignment tab has been changed to \cr.
    > <template> \endtemplate
    >
    > l.21429 \unskip}\relax \unskip}
    > \relax \\
    > ?
    >
    > This patch fixes the issue:
    > https://git.linuxtv.org/mchehab/experimental.git/commit/?h=dirty-pdf&id=b709de415f34d77cc121cad95bece9c7ef4d12fd
    >
    > That means that Sphinx is not generating the right LaTeX output even for
    > (some?) PNG images.

    \includegraphics normally works just fine for PNG images in PDF
    documents.

    [...]
    > And it may even require "--shell-escape" to be passed at the xelatex
    > call if inkscape is not in the path, with seems to be a strong
    > indication that SVG support is not native to texlive, but, instead,
    > just a way to make LaTeX to call inkscape to do the image conversion.

    Please don't require --shell-escape as part of the TeX workflow. If
    LaTeX can't handle the desired image format natively, it needs
    conversion in advance.

    - Josh Triplett

      Last update: 2016-11-07 18:05    [W:4.157 / U:0.004 seconds]