SubjectRe: [git pull] drm fixes for 4.9-rc4
On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a set of fixes for an oops we've been seeing around MST
> display unplug,

Side note: I heard from a couple of people at the KS that said that
they had had problems with suspend/resume after plugging in to a 4k
display (but _only_ a 4k display - apparently normal FHD displays
didn't show this). I think at least one was USB3/Thunderbolt. Ted with
a Lenovo laptop (intel GPU) was one, I forget who else mentioned this.

I wonder if MST may have been involved. That would explain the "only
happens for 4k" issue - I assume pretty much all MST displays are 4k.

suspend/resume might obviously fall very much under that "unplug"
issue and maybe this pull request thus already fixes it, but there
might be something that is specific to _just_ suspend/resume too.

Mind taking a look?

Linus

  Last update: 2016-11-04 21:39    [W:0.058 / U:0.132 seconds]