SubjectRe: commit d7afaec0b564f0609e116f5: fuse: add FUSE_NO_OPEN_SUPPORT flag to INIT
On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:

> Yeah, I'd expect most people to do that. But FUSE file systems are often
> a little more exotic and produce error conditions that don't match well
> with any of the codes documented in the manpages. If there is no good
> fit, I'd expect that most people would (as I have done so far) simply
> pick something more appropriate from errno(3). If some of these codes
> are forbidden (or only a subset allowed) I'd really like to document
> this. It's not reasonable to expect every libfuse user to start browsing
> the Linux VFS code to determine if they can use a particular error code.

The library and the kernel checks for -1000 < error <= 0. There are
no other checks done by fuse. However returning ENOSYS for open is
simply wrong, it's definitely not something a sane filesystem would
ever do.

Thanks,
Miklos

  Last update: 2016-11-15 14:33    [W:0.609 / U:0.060 seconds]