    SubjectRe: [v4.8-rc1 Regression] sched/fair: Apply more PELT fixes
    On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Joseph Salisbury
    <joseph.salisbury@canonical.com> wrote:

    > A kernel bug report was opened against Ubuntu [0]. After a kernel
    > bisect, it was found that reverting the following commit resolved this bug:

    Hmm. Interesting, and it sounds like we should revert that unless
    somebody figures out *why* following the rules wrt cfq updates causes
    problems. But I also wonder what the Ubuntu kernel config is. Does
    Ubuntu enable CONFIG_SCHED_AUTOGROUP=y, for example? Because
    regardless of any other scheduler issues, autogrouping *should* mean
    that when you run some CPU hogger in one session, that should still
    balance all CPU time with other sessions..

    I'm not seeing anything odd on my xps13, which should have a similar
    CPU to the X1 Carbon.

    Linus

      Last update: 2016-10-07 21:59    [W:3.740 / U:0.096 seconds]