SubjectRe: [RFC v1 06/14] bus1: util - queue utility library

Earlier you wrote:

> >> To make this work with multicast, we must stage messages first, then
> >> commit on a second round. That is, we must find some way to iterate
> >> over all clocks before committing, but at the same time preventing any
> >> races. The multicast-stability as you just described we get for free
> >> by introducing the second-level ordering via sender-address.

But you don't need the two-pass thing at all for causality. The entire
two-pass thing, and the serialization, is part of the consistency thing.

This is not virtually free.

For causality, all you need is a single iteration, delivering the
message one after the other, only ever doing local clock movements. You
do not need to find the max clock in the multicast set and avoid races
etc..

  Last update: 2016-10-28 15:59    [W:0.072 / U:0.460 seconds]