SubjectRe: common android definition bug in 3.18 kernel
On 28-Oct 09:27, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 11:00:21AM +0530, Rajesh P8 wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >   I am currently working on porting eas features using 3.18 common
> > android kernel. In file  kernel/sched/fair.c there is no definition
> > for the function "trace_sched_boost_task(task, util, margin);" which
> > is present in line 5142. Is it a bug or am I missing something? can I
> > file this as a bug?
> >

> This symbol has never existed in the mainline scheduler. You'll have to
> go bug android people.

Hi Rajesh,
if you are working with the Android common kernel you should be aware
that in that tree there are many different (sometimes experimental)
features which are not present in Linux mainline kernel.

Thus, this channel (i.e. LKML), as well as the people you are writing
to, are not the one to bother about these issues.
Probably, you should better start with a git blame to identify the
"owner" of the code lines and eventually post a message directly to
him.

All that considered, what you are reporting is a tracepoint.
Thus, you will not find a definition for this function in
kernel/sched/fair.c. The tracepoint is defined in:
include/trace/events/sched.h
Here it is:
https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common/+/android-3.18/include/trace/events/sched.h#822

--
#include <best/regards.h>

Patrick Bellasi

  Last update: 2016-10-28 15:29    [W:0.045 / U:1.008 seconds]