SubjectRe: Disabling an interrupt in the handler locks the system up
On 21/10/2016 21:14, Marc Zyngier wrote:

> Mason wrote:

>>> I assume that this is for the sake of the discussion, and that you do
>>> not actually intend to put together such a monstrosity.
>>
>> It's just missing a reg properties to be a valid node, right?
>
> If connecting a device that signals its interrupt as level low to an
> input line configured as level high doesn't strike you as a major
> issue, nothing will. At that point, you can put anything you want in
> your DT.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that I should have
specified IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW, instead of IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH?

If the HW outputs 1 when idle, and 0 when busy, that
is level low? (Sorry if this is obvious, I'm absolutely
clueless in this subject matter.)

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> You can. It then depends on what your interrupt controller does to
>>> actually ensure that the interrupt is disabled. Only you can trace it on
>>> your HW to find out.
>>
>> I'm using an upstream driver on v4.9-rc1
>>
>> http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/irqchip/irq-tango.c
>>
>> Given that the system locks up, is it possible there is a bug
>> in the driver?
>
> That's possible.
>
>> Which call-back handles enabling/disabling interrupts?
>
> How about irq_unmask/irq_mask?

I tried following the source from disable_irq_nosync()
as far down as I could.

disable_irq_nosync ->
__disable_irq_nosync ->
__disable_irq ->
irq_disable -> ??

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/kernel/irq/chip.c#L232

I don't know if desc->irq_data.chip->irq_disable is defined
by the driver I'm using?

I don't know how the trail goes to irq_mask?

Regards.

  Last update: 2016-10-21 21:47    [W:0.052 / U:0.204 seconds]