SubjectRe: [4.9-rc1] Build-time 2x slower
Date
On Thursday, October 20, 2016 04:38:39 PM Sedat Dilek wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@rjwysocki.net> wrote:

> >> I have tried the revert and the patch from Sergey Senozhatsk pending
> >> in linux-pm.git#linux-next.
> >> Both fixes the issue for me.
> >
> > OK, thanks for the confirmation!
> >
> >> Feel free to give appropriate credits and many thanks to Jörg.
> >>
> >> I tried 'make -j3' in my last build and it was approx. 5mins faster in
> >> my customized setup.
> >> Will switch back to 2 parallel-make-jobs - it's safer for me.
> >>
> >> Can you explain why this issue was not seen when building under Linux v4.8.x?
> >> [1] says...
> >> Cc: 4.8+ <stable@vger.kernel.org> # 4.8+
> >
> > The commit in question might not make it into 4.8.y yet.
> >

> It's a bit terrifying to see these impacts of schedutil cpufreq-governor.
>
> Do you have a test-case or how do you test with / for schedutil?

In the same way as for the other governors: run a bunch of workloads and
see if there's any impact on the execution times etc.

And of course schedutil was not the only thing affected in this case
quite obviously which you can see from the fix changelog.

Thanks,
Rafael

  Last update: 2016-10-20 16:44    [W:0.187 / U:0.120 seconds]