SubjectRe: [RFD] Functional dependencies between devices
On 30 October 2015 at 23:52, Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 04:24:14PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>> My idea is to represent a supplier-consumer dependency between devices (or
>> more precisely between device+driver combos) as a "link" object containing
>> pointers to the devices in question, a list node for each of them and some
>> additional information related to the management of those objects, ie.
>> something like:
>>
>> struct device_link {
>> struct device *supplier;
>> struct list_head supplier_node;
>> struct device *consumer;
>> struct list_head consumer_node;
>> <flags, status etc>
>> };
>>
>> In general, there will be two lists of those things per device, one list
>> of links to consumers and one list of links to suppliers.
>>
>> In that picture, links will be created by calling, say:
>>
>> int device_add_link(struct device *me, struct device *my_supplier, unsigned int flags);
>
> At first glance, I like this, nice. Now to see how well it can be
> implemented :)

Hi Greg,

what's your opinion on using this to order device probes so we don't
try to probe a device that we know it has unfulfilled dependencies?

Regards,

Tomeu

  Last update: 2016-01-07 16:21    [W:0.334 / U:0.108 seconds]