SubjectRe: [PULL] virtio: fixes, tests
From
On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 2:15 PM, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@redhat.com> wrote:

>> Anyway, pulled. Just curious about how that thing happened.
>
> That's because apparently diffstat obeys orderfile rules:

Ugh. I guess that makes sense, but it's still very annoying for
something like a pull request, where now different people end up
having different diffstats. And the reason I never noticed it is that
likely there aren't that many people who use an orderfile.

I guess something like "-O /dev/null" in the pull-request would undo
it, but it is a bit annoying.

I've never actually met anybody (knowingly) that used that option. I
thought it was a Junio-only use case (it's been around forever as a
command line option, but the config file entry seems to be somewhat
recent and I wasn't even aware of it).

Adding Junio just as background to see what he thinks. Looks like the
diff.orderfile config option hits not just porcelain, but plumbing
too.

Linus

  Last update: 2016-01-28 00:41    [W:1.894 / U:0.256 seconds]