SubjectRe: [tip:perf/core] tools lib api fs: Remove debugfs, tracefs and findfs objects
On Wed, 2015-09-23 at 11:08 +0100, Matt Fleming wrote:

[SNIP]

> > The RedHat QE has some more perf tool tests. There was some movement
> > to make those public, but not sure how it ended up.. ccing Michael Petlan
> > for news on this ;-)
>
> Cool! I'd definitely be interested in knowing the details.

Hi!

Yes, we have some tests, but they really need some refactoring and then
extending.

There are many "regression" tests that cover some extreme situations
that failed with some kernel/perf version on some hardware. They are
probably not very useful for the purpose mentioned here.

Then there are some tests that should cover basic functionality and
check for the correctness of perf's behaviour. Since it became being
pretty messy, I have got an idea to rewrite that in a more structured
and robust way and make it public.

So I started with some skeleton and tests for perf stat builtin sub
command [1]. My idea is to port there all the meaningful tests that
we have at Red Hat. Then I will be happy if someone else is interested
in contributing some more coverage, ideas or whatever...

I am on a PTO for two weeks from now, so I will respond after it, if you
have any questions, suggestions or ideas.

Regards,
Michael

[1] https://github.com/rfmvh/perftool-testsuite

  Last update: 2015-09-24 17:21    [W:0.129 / U:0.448 seconds]