SubjectRe: [tip:perf/core] tools lib api fs: Remove debugfs, tracefs and findfs objects
Em Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 01:15:51PM +0100, Matt Fleming escreveu:
> On Wed, 23 Sep, at 10:44:56AM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> > Of course, in these days of CI, I'd love if someone would hook 'make -C
> > tools/perf build-test' and 'perf test' somewhere to be run for every
> > changeset.
>
> Yes please!

But then even this one would have not been caught, because the test in
place don't include trying to build tools/vm/, i.e. from time to time
something will pass and will be caught by people like Vinson, reported
and fixed :-)

> > BTW, tools/vm/ was reported yesterday and a fix is already in
> > tip/perf/core/:
> >
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git/commit/tools/vm?id=f6489bc2d402c0db84aa64f13b864d17f7eecb07
> >
> > Age Commit message (Expand) Author Files Lines
> > 12 hours tools vm: Fix build due to removal of tools/lib/api/fs/debugfs.h Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo 1 -3/+3

> It's not that this wasn't fixed quickly (kudos for that, btw), rather
> it's that the breakage should have been avoided altogether.

> But if this is an isolated incident, then fair enough, I'll stop
> whining.

Expressing concern is not a problem, its an opportunity for us to try
and get them addressed and improve so that others don't get afraid of
the processes in place.

- Arnaldo

  Last update: 2015-09-24 16:41    [W:0.094 / U:1.452 seconds]