SubjectRe: Problems with printk logs and my driver
On Wed, 23 Sep 2015, Alan Stern wrote:

> Your mistake was thinking that the driver for your keyboard is usbkbd.
> It isn't. It's usbhid, as you can see in the "lsusb -t" output above.

As Eric is absolutely not the first person ever who got confused by this
(and I can certainly understand the reasons for this confusion), I've been
thinking for quite some time already about renaming this driver (and
usbmouse as well). We'd probably want to make obvious from the name that
this isn't regular usb keyboard driver.

Any opinions on usbkbd-simple or usbkbd-dummy? The most accurate would of
course be usbkbd-boot, but that might be equally confusing.

The drawback I can see in renaming the driver is various embedded folks
having he name hardcoded in their scripts.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2015-09-24 08:21    [W:0.114 / U:0.168 seconds]