    SubjectRe: [RFC v2 03/18] kthread: Add drain_kthread_worker()
    On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 03:03:44PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
    > flush_kthread_worker() returns when the currently queued works are proceed.
    ^
    processed?

    > But some other works might have been queued in the meantime.
    > +/**
    > + * drain_kthread_worker - drain a kthread worker
    > + * @worker: worker to be drained
    > + *
    > + * Wait until there is none work queued for the given kthread worker.
    ^
    no

    > + * Only currently running work on @worker can queue further work items
    ^^^^^^^^^
    should be queueing is prolly more accurate

    > + * on it. @worker is flushed repeatedly until it becomes empty.
    > + * The number of flushing is determined by the depth of chaining
    > + * and should be relatively short. Whine if it takes too long.
    > + *
    > + * The caller is responsible for blocking all existing works
    > + * from an infinite re-queuing!

    The caller is responsible for preventing the existing work items from
    requeueing themselves indefinitely.

    > + *
    > + * Also the caller is responsible for blocking all the kthread
    > + * worker users from queuing any new work. It is especially
    > + * important if the queue has to stay empty once this function
    > + * finishes.

    The last sentence reads a bit weird to me. New work items just aren't
    allowed while draining. It isn't "especially important" for certain
    cases. It's just buggy otherwise.

    Thanks.

    --
    tejun

      Last update: 2015-09-22 20:41    [W:4.280 / U:0.076 seconds]