SubjectRe: [RFC] Potential issue with GPIO/IRQ flags
On 09/17/2015 05:35 PM, Stephen Warren wrote:
> On 09/17/2015 11:21 AM, Andrew F. Davis wrote:

>>> Understood. I was talking generally, not this specific case.

>>> In this example, the correct value is probably IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW or
>>> IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_FALLING if the original text was correct in its
>>> intentions (but broken in implementation). Since the change you
>>> propose doesn't change the actual dtb at all, if it was wrong before
>>> it will still be wrong.
>>>

>> I see, that's kinda what I want, maybe for this example the intentions
>> are obvious but my concern is with a couple others that I don't know
>> what the trigger was meant to be and don't have a board to test the
>> changes with, so I would never be sure if I causing any regressions
>> with the fixes. Most of the affected boards are Tegra based (that's
>> why I cc'd linux-tegra), I was hoping they would be interested in
>> testing and finding the right values.
>
> Presumably/hopefully if you send specific patches, the various
> maintainers/owners of those DT files will validate/ack then; you don't
> need to be able to test all of the changes yourself.

Well that was what I was going to do, but I found in some cases I didn't
know what the right value should be. Submitting patches would be easier,
but instead I had to write that block of text to try to recruit some help
from the original authors and people with the boards to find these correct
values.

--
Andrew

  Last update: 2015-09-18 02:01    [W:0.043 / U:0.776 seconds]