    SubjectRe: Failover root devices
    > I really don't see why we need this feature in-kernel as it can be
    > done perfectly fine
    > in userspace. Every non-trivial system needs an initramfs anyway these days.

    Most initramfs systems will parse the root= line of your kernel command
    line and use it to remount root. The kernel seems like the best place to
    establish this, since the various initramfs solutions will implement the
    same format just to support parsing the kernel command line correctly. I
    mean, maybe that's not enough to justify putting it in the kernel, but
    that's why I see the kernel as the appropriate place to implement this
    feature.

    --
    Drew DeVault

      Last update: 2015-09-17 20:01    [W:3.164 / U:0.016 seconds]