SubjectRe: [Bugfix 0/3] Convert eata driver to a normal PCI device driver

Jiang Liu wrote on 16/09/15 14:37:
> On 2015/9/15 15:19, Arthur Marsh wrote:
>>

>> Jiang Liu wrote on 15/09/15 12:01:
>>
>>> HI Arthur,
>>> Really appreciate your help to test the patches. That's
>>> a good sign we have moved forward a bit:)
>>> For kexec, it's always challenging to me. So could you
>>> please help to provide full dmesg logs with working kernels
>>> so I could try to figure out the order among scsi and PCI devices.
>>> It may be shutdown order related.
>>> Thanks!
>>> Gerry
>>
>> OK, attached is the dmesg output from the 4.2.0 kernel where kexec worked.
> Hi Arthur,
> Could you please also help to capture the log messages
> of kexec, I need to those log messages to figure out the order
> to shutdown PCI devices and scsi devices during kexec.
> Thanks!
> Gerry

How would I capture the log messages of kexec (assuming that there are
any, I couldn't see from the manual page entries and haven't seen
anything beyond the screen images that I have already sent you)?

Regards,

Arthur.

  Last update: 2015-09-16 10:01    [W:1.416 / U:0.280 seconds]