SubjectRe: [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v4.3-rc1 merge window
Hi Wim,

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:37:59 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> > > I have not been able to fetch from that tree for the past couple of
> > > days. It connects and then hangs for some time and then I get:
> > >
> > > fatal: read error: Connection reset by peer
> > >
> > > Sorry for not mentioning it earlier.
> >
> > The tree hasn't changed since 1.5 weeks, so on content level nothing has changed.
>
> OK, I managed to refetch your tree (it was still very slow - you might
> want to consider moving it to git.kernel.org). The patches appear
> identical to what I last fetched (and what has been in linux-next since
> Aug 31), but it has all been recommitted in the last day.
>
> The end result and the base are exactly the same, so it should not be a
> problem, I guess.

OK, the above is true, but I have been a bit confused. I was trying to
figure out why (if the above is true, a "git fetch watchdog" did not
update what I have fetched. It turns out that the tree I pull into
linux-next is
git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog-next.git
the one you asked Linus to pull is
git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog.git

So instead of just fetching from one tree to the other, it seems that
you have reapplied the patches from one to the other :-(
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au

  Last update: 2015-09-11 01:21    [W:0.053 / U:1.060 seconds]