SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] bcache revert
On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 01:42:18PM -0600, Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 08/31/2015 01:29 PM, Kent Overstreet wrote:

> >>The patch was part of a larger series that I was working on, and I just
> >>wanted to flush out that dependency. Christoph review and acked it, it was
> >>by no means a sneaking in of a patch.
> >
> >I didn't see it until I went to rebase bcachefs onto 4.2 this morning. I triple
> >checked; this patch is not in any mailing list archive. And you certainly didn't
> >try to contact me. How is that _not_ sneaking it in?
>
> It's a simple cleanup patch, against a dormant driver. It was reviewed by
> Christoph, which is as good as it gets. Yes, it should have been posted, but
> it's not like we are talking about a rewrite or anything of that magnitude.
> You're grossly overreacting. I would do it again.

Look, you've had your own periods as an unavailable maintainer so I wouldn't
throw stones - and it's no secret that I'm still working on bcache.

Really, as long as you think it's ok to commit patches without CCing the mailing
list _or_ the maintainer, then fuck you. I wouldn't do that to you and I don't
know anyone else who would, so as long as that's your attitude about it there's
really nothing to discuss.

  Last update: 2015-08-31 22:01    [W:0.068 / U:0.072 seconds]