SubjectRe: 4.0-rc1: Oops on eject of CF card in PCMCIA slot
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 00:08:52 +0100
Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> It seems that pcmcia was unhappy even before, but eject definitely
> oopsed it.
>
> Any ideas?

Probably a PCMCIA not a block layer change - well I guess could be
either. I fixed a pile of PCMCIA bugs and also reworked the allocator for
pure PCI boxes so it didn't do various bad things.

Can you tweak drivers/pcmcia/Kconfig for config YENTA and make

select PCCARD_PCI if PCMCIA !=n && !ISA

instead do

select PCCARD_NONSTATIC if PCMCIA !=n && !ISA

rebuild and re-test

The tracel looks like a block layer bug, but it would be nice to know if
its one that PCMCIA used it hide, or its in fact potentially something
else.

Do you have any other I/O port based PCMCIA device you can insert/eject
in that machine ?

Alan

  Last update: 2015-03-02 13:21    [W:0.204 / U:0.020 seconds]