SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the block tree
> On Thu, Dec 03, 2015 at 09:39:01AM +0100, Matias Bjørling wrote:
>> A little crazy yes. The reason is that the NVMe admin queues and NVMe user
>> queues are driven by different request queues. Previously this was patched
>> up with having two queues in the lightnvm core. One for admin and another
>> for user. But was later merged into a single queue.
>
> Why? If you look at the current structure we have the admin queue
> which is always allocated by the Low level driver, although it could and
> should move to the core eventually. And then we have Command set specific
> request_queues for the I/O queues. One per NS for NVM currenly, either
> one per NS or one globally for LightNVM, and in Fabrics I currently
> have another magic one :) Due to the tagset pointer in struct nvme_ctrl
> that's really easy to handle.

The identify geometry command and bad block commands are part of the
admin command set. Surely, as all these take a ns id, they can be moved
and be accessed naturally through the user queues.

Let me send out a revert for that patch.

  Last update: 2015-12-03 11:01    [W:0.133 / U:0.432 seconds]