SubjectRe: Hibernate resume bug around 3,18-rc2 - Full PAT support
On 24/11/15 23:46, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 03:19:16PM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
>> On 23/11/15 15:11, vasvir@iit.demokritos.gr wrote:
>>> Ok I will send the .config when I get back home. I have all kernels I
>>> build in .deb archive. The problem is that the debian kernel build
>>> procedure does not hold somewhere in the deb file the git commit hash.
>>>
>>> Fow which kernel would you care to see the config? 4.3?
>>
>> Doesn't really matter anymore. I've posted a patch already to fix it and
>> got the reply, that the fix is okay, but no harm can come from the
>> current implementation, as the two config options are always either both
>> set or reset.
>
> Hrm, Vassilis seems to be able to reproduce this more effectively by heating up
> his CPU prior to hibernation though. I have no idea what adding APIC_LVT_MASKED
> ((1 << 16)) to the Local Vector Table (LVT) Thermal Monitor (APIC_LVTTHMR 0x330) does but
> clear_local_APIC() seems to be used to "cleanout any BIOS leftovers during
> boot." If we're suspending but the fan is still on I wonder if this could cause
> an issue with some settings the BIOS may have set prior to hibernation, and
> a mismatch upon resume.
>
> I can't find what APIC_LVT_MASKED does though, the best doc I found:

http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/manuals/64-ia-32-architectures-software-developer-system-programming-manual-325384.pdf

Local APIC (chapter 10.4).

Juergen

  Last update: 2015-11-25 06:21    [W:0.069 / U:0.408 seconds]