    SubjectRe: multi-codec support for arizona-ldo1 was Re: System with multiple arizona (wm5102) codecs
    On Mon 2015-11-16 14:11:42, Charles Keepax wrote:
    > On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 10:16:33PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > > HiOn Sat 2015-11-14 18:49:40, Mark Brown wrote:

    > > > OK, that'll be the problem then - we're not mapping the supply into the
    > > > individual child device but rather system wide, probably because that
    > > > mapping is being done too early, before we've actually created the
    > > > device.
    > >
    > > Take a look at mfd_add_device(). Yes, we do
    > > regulator_bulk_register_supply_alias() before doing
    > > platform_device_add().

    > > > That's fine because all supplies should be namespaced with a device.
    > > > The goal is to say "Supply X on device Y" (we do support exceptions for
    > > > the few cases where there are not yet any devices involved but this
    > > > clearly isn't one of them).
    >
    > Indeed that should be the case.
    >

    > > Well, clearly someone should tell that to wm5102
    > > maintainers. Hmm. It looks like driver is marked supported but there
    > > are no names attached?
    > >
    > > WOLFSON MICROELECTRONICS DRIVERS
    > > L: patches@opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
    > > T: git git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-asoc
    > > T: git git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-audioplus
    > > W:
    > > http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/content/linux-drivers-wolfson-device\
    > > S: Supported
    > >
    > > I guess Charles Keepax should be listed there?
    >
    > The patches mailing list functions as maintainer here. That way
    > anyone who works on upstream Linux stuff here will see the email
    > so you have more chance of someone replying. Also convient for
    > when people leave the company etc. makes for an easy transition.
    > I am afraid though that as in this case you are not always going
    > to get a reply over the weekend.

    Well.. maintainer is a responsible person. Yes, you can list a mailing
    list in maintainers file.. but mailing list is not going to be
    responsible for that.

    Having a real name of person helps; if your name was listed there, I'd
    know you (are supposed to be) authoritative person for this.

    I see it will need to be updated from time to time, but having name
    really helps.

    Thanks,
    Pavel

      Last update: 2015-11-22 08:01    [W:4.595 / U:0.088 seconds]