SubjectRe: WARNING in task_participate_group_stop
On 11/02, Oleg Nesterov wrote:

> On 11/02, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> >
> > On 11/02, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> > >
> > > But I wasn't able
> > > to figure out what's the root cause (why task does not have
> > > JOBCTL_STOP_PENDING) and maybe the same WARNING can be triggered
> > > without root and/or with other than init process. So still posting it
> > > here.
> >
> > Yes I think you are right. SIGSTOP can race with SIGKILL which (unlike SIGCONT)
> > doesn't clear JOBCTL_STOP_DEQUEUED/PENDING/etc.
>
> I was wrong... I forgot that complete_signal(SIGKILL) sets SIGNAL_GROUP_EXIT.
> Unless SIGNAL_UNKILLABLE is set, and this is what makes init "special".

and I think this should be fixed anyway, if nothing else to make this logic more
correct. I'll try to recheck this all later.

> So it seems that everything is clear. Except I can't understand why your
> test-case doesn't work for me ;) It should.

Damn. Sorry Dmitry it actually works. Just I didn't see the output from
pr_warn()'s on the serial console due to the wrong console_loglevel.

Oleg.

  Last update: 2015-11-02 18:21    [W:0.068 / U:0.144 seconds]