SubjectRe: Laptop CPU Intel N3530 with Linux version 4.2.5 complete freezes from time to time
On 2015-11-01 13:45, Vitor Pereira wrote:
> Hi,
> Laptop CPU Intel N3530 with Linux version 4.2.5 complete freezes from
> time to time and I cannot find the right solution. It does not respond
> to keyboard or mouse and only hardreset helps out.
> I have installed Arch Linux with KDE Plasma 5.4.2 on my laptop LG
> 15U340-L.BK55P1 with Corsair Neutron SSD and it freezes randomly.
> Sometimes only a few minutes after start and sometimes hours. It freezes
> more often when I do something on the internet (videostream).
>
> I have disabled intel-pstate and use acpi-cpufreq (although the
> temperature should not be the problem) and it still freezes.
> I also have compiled Linux 4.2.5 with CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y,
> CONFIG_CRASH_DUMP=y and CONFIG_PROC_VMCORE=y to use Kdump. I checked
> whether the crash kernel was working running command echo c >
> /proc/sysrq-trigger and it worked. But when I reboot Linux 4.2.5, loaded
> crash kernel and waited for Linux 4.2.5 freezes then Kdump was not
> triggered.
Try building with the following kconfig options added:
LOCKUP_DETECTOR=y
BOOTPARAM_HARDLOCKUP_PANIC=y
BOOTPARAM_SOFTLOCKUP_PANIC=y
DETECT_HUNG_TASKS=y
BOOTPARAM_HUNG_TASK_PANIC=y

While those won't fix the issue, they should at least get you a
crashdump when the system hangs, which in turn should help track down
what exactly is happening.

[unhandled content-type:application/pkcs7-signature]

  Last update: 2015-11-02 15:21    [W:0.038 / U:0.972 seconds]