SubjectRe: [RFC 7/8] Start migrating XUSB away from MFD

On 02/11/15 12:47, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2015, Martyn Welch wrote:
>
>> From: Martyn Welch <martyn@welchs.me.uk>
>>
>> This is my initial attempt to get xusb working without being a MFD on the
>> latest upstream kernel. It's still a bit hacky in places, but does seem to
>> get the USB2 up and working (USB3 device is recognised as a USB3 device
>> rather than enumberating as a USB2 device).
> After my 20 second look at the 2 patches of this set you sent me, I've
> concluded that it looks barking mad. In patch 2 you're adding the
> XUSB MFD driver, then in this patch you're telling us that you're
> moving away from MFD despite adding more code to the subsystem.

Hi Lee,

Sorry, seems git send-email added you of it's own volition.

I've sent these patches to the mailing list for comment/help not for
submission. As mentioned in the cover email, the first 5 patches are
from an existing series that has been rejected. The later 3 patches show
my modifications. I have not yet moved these files from the MFD
directory, but will before submission (the series will be reworked so
that the driver never goes into the MFD area).

> Besides, I'm never applying a patch that self confesses to be "hacky
> in places" into Mainline, ever.

As I mentioned before, I'm posting these patches for comment (hence why
I've marked them as "RFC" not "PATCH").

Martyn

  Last update: 2015-11-02 14:41    [W:0.048 / U:0.280 seconds]