SubjectRe: [Intel-gfx] [Announcement] 2015-Q3 release of XenGT - a Mediated Graphics Passthrough Solution from Intel
On 11/19/2015 07:09 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
>> As far I know libvirt only needs to discover those devices. If they
>> look like sr/iov devices in sysfs this might work without any changes to
>> libvirt.
>
> I don't think they will look like SR/IOV devices.
>
> The interface may look a little like the sysfs interface that GVT-g is
> already using. However, it should at least be extended to support
> multiple vGPUs in a single VM. This might not be possible for Intel
> integrated graphics, but it should definitely be possible for discrete
> graphics cards.

Didn't hear about multiple vGPUs for a single VM before. Yes If we
expect same vGPU interfaces for different vendors, abstraction and
vendor specific stuff should be implemented.

> Another nit is that the VM id should probably be replaced by a UUID
> (because it's too easy to stumble on an existing VM id), assuming a VM
> id is needed at all.

For the last assumption, yes, a VM id is not necessary for gvt-g, it's
only a temporary implementation.

As long as libvirt is used, UUID should be enough for gvt-g. However,
UUID is not mandatory? What should we do if user don't specify an UUID
in QEMU cmdline?

--
Thanks,
Jike

  Last update: 2015-11-20 04:01    [W:0.126 / U:0.648 seconds]