SubjectRe: torvalds/linux repository on github
From
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Jeffrey Merkey <jeffmerkey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Linus,
>
> Can you check your repository on github at
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux. I tried to fork and clone it and
> it is missing (or appears to be missing) all the subversion tags --
> just has rcX candidates and major version tags (i.e. 4.1, 4.2 but
> missing the 4.2.X tags).
>
> If it would not be too much trouble to add the tags for the
> subversions or point me to a repo there I can fork. I have tried to
> clone linux-stable on github and it does not seem to allow that the
> import hangs, I am working off linux-stable (which this git thing is
> cool and works great) and I have branches and I am wondering can I
> just apply branches from the linux-stable git archive to the
> https://github.com/torvalds/linux git archive if I fork it into a
> local repo on github.

I think you are on a right road. The upstream contains only two digits
version for now (vA.B), though there is a stable tree that contains
vA.B.y tags. You may use git.kernel.org to clone / pull into your
local repository.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

  Last update: 2015-11-02 01:01    [W:0.050 / U:0.028 seconds]