SubjectRe: [Intel-gfx] Linux 3.16-rc2
On Mon, 7 Jul 2014, Chris Wilson wrote:

> > > this patch on top of v3.16-rc3-62-gd92a333 makes the resume from ram
> > > regression go away on my machine:
> >
> > Hm, we could conditionalize this hack on IS_G4X ... Chris, thoughts?
>
> As different machines favour different w/a, I think the issue is mostly
> timing related. It could be sequence of register writes, but we tried
> different orders early on. The next experiment I guess would be to
> insert small delays between each write to see if that helps. Or to write
> each register twice.

I actually tried to introduce rather large delays between individual
I915_WRITE() calls in the ring initialization sequence a couple weeks ago
already, but it resulted in complete machine lockup (which is worse than
my usual symptoms) during resume. Therefore I probably lack the knowledge
of internal workings of the HW that would allow me to guess what the
reasonable timeout value should be.

Willing to test any patches.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2014-07-08 01:01    [W:0.132 / U:0.172 seconds]