    SubjectRe: Selling Points for MARS Light
    On Fri, Jul 04, 2014 at 03:04:07PM +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
    > On Fri, Jul 4, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Thomas Schöbel-Theuer
    > <thomas@schoebel-theuer.de> wrote:
    > > Hi together,
    > >
    > > since not all people have attended my presentations on MARS Light, and
    > > since probably not all are willing to click at links such as to the
    > > presentation slides
    > > https://github.com/schoebel/mars/blob/master/docu/MARS_LinuxTag2014.pdf?raw=true
    > > , I will try to explain something which goes beyond the presentations,
    > > but nevertheless I don't want to repeat too much from the slides.
    > >
    > > So the following is hopefully also interesting for people who attended
    > > the presentations.
    > >
    > > My main selling point:
    > >
    > > To my knowledge, MARS Light is the only enterprise-grade opensource
    > > solution constructed for mass replication of whole datacenters
    > > (thousands to tenthousands of instances) over _long_ _distances_, aka
    > > _geo-redundancy_.
    >
    > I think hch meant not a high level marketing-drone -ready design document
    > by "explain and sell your design".
    > We are interested in the real low level design ideas.
    > i.e. Why do you need all syscalls exported?

    Exactly, normally we don't care about any high-level things, I want to
    know why you think you have to call remove within a kernel module when
    no one else does that.

    Also, I doubt you handle the namespace issue properly, but given that it
    is impossible to review the 50+ patches as sent, it might be correct, or
    might not, I don't know...

    greg k-h